--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Link please, of Osama watching Obama on Aljazeera.
>
> Don't know if it was Al Jazeera. I believe the NYTimes
> has all the videos that have been released.

Here are the videos:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/05/07/world/asia/20110507-binladen-videos.html?ref=asia

http://tinyurl.com/3h2nlbd

The one with him watching TV is on the top left; it's
called "Watching TV," duh. He isn't "watching Obama" per
se; he's watching different stuff, channel-surfing, or
clip-surfing maybe, and in a couple of cases there's a
*very* brief glimpse of Obama that he zips right past.
The first one is an inset still head shot, the second
shows Obama walking (don't know where I got the idea it
showed him making a speech).

If I wanted to fake a video to show Osama hadn't died
years ago and was still alive and kicking after Obama
became newsworthy, and had all the resources of the
federal government to do it, I *hope* I'd make one that
would feature a shot of Obama that you wouldn't miss if
you blinked, preferably one of identifiably recent
vintage (these shots could have come from as far back
as the primary campaign or even from when he gave the
keynote speech at the Democratic Convention in 2006).

It's really not that easy to convincingly fake a
crappy home video, especially a crappy home video of
somebody watching a crappy television. This looks like
an authentic crappy home video to me, not "pixel magic."