I posted this URL days before it was "discovered" and received the status of
a separate post, as though then and only then did it achieve the status of
something etched in stone tablets just like the 10 Suggestions.

My hate for Apple goes back to when we had an Apple something at work and
had to do graphics on it.   Wanted to change the font?   Well, just memorize
which path you needed to go through the n**n layers of toolbar options
before you got to fonts.  Colour?  Same thing.  It kind of reminds me of the
"improvements" people are making in their websites, GMail included, by
adding more features but keeping the "clutter" down by hiding options.   Now
you don't have separate select all, select none, deselect control.  You have
a single control which, when you click on it shows all, none, some.  And the
check box which shows the many hidden choices single check mark is different
shades of black and white.   Hiding things behind context is so cool.  And
so dumb and confusing.

I've said this before.  Real computing was when you wrote an entire regional
hospital's inventory of patients, symptoms, attending physicians, orders,
interfaced with lab equipment and Pharmacy in 64K.  On a mainframe.  Bill
Gates was right.  Who would ever need more than 10 times 64K of RAM?

Real computing was also assembling and disassembling your own code to/from
octal or hex.  Things made so much sense then.  First two bits said if it
was register to register, register to memory, memory to memory, memory to
register.  Next two bits said if the first operand was an indirect address,
second bit the second operand was an indirect address.   Then an bits for
offset and bits for operation.   Getting code into the computer?   That's
what the switch register was for.

Finally Lisp came along.  Try coding up a complex decision tree as a series
of (function argument 1 argument 2 argument 3).  Just like programming PLCs,
only the exact opposite.

Wimps.