> > > There is inherent strength in the United States' natal chart. The Khara
> > > period (2011-2012) draws on that strength, especially with regards to
> > > Venus and Saturn, as they are friends and well-placed in the Khara chart.
> > > Additionally, Venus is "Vergotama" in the Navamsha chart, meaning its
> > > strength is enhanced. Mercury is sufficiently well-placed in the 11th
> > > house.
> > >

> > Mercury's debilitation in Pisces is cancelled due to the planetary set-up
> > with Jupiter in the same house, which enhances Mercury's power
> > considerably. A strong Mercury, as it is ruler of the 2nd and the 5th
> > houses, has an important role to play in the financial, business, trade and
> > education fields. Mercury will promote the values of higher education,
> > leading to some advancement in that area. Mercury will also have a role to
> > play in furthering progress in the financial, business and trade fields.
> >

> Generally speaking, with regards to business and commerce, modest progress is
> suggested; however, this will not be reflected in unemployment figures, or
> they will reflect minimum improvement. Typically, companies may fare somewhat
> better, but they will be reluctant to hire additional employees.

Saturn does have the tendency to attract natural calamities. Throughout the
Khara year there will be continued incidence of tornados, hurricanes,
earthquakes, rain and flooding, accidents, fire and explosions. Perhaps last
year when I relayed this prediction, it was hard to imagine what a "greater
incidence of natural disasters" could mean in actual reality; at this point we
can understand what we're up against here. This is an influence continuing from
the previous period. I do not feel this influence poses a threat greater than
what we experienced last year.