OMG talking about " You can't *handle* the truth." heavy stuff for the
weekend , dude [:D] ...lol
snip

> That's the picture of Maharishi that I think the Memorex set
> has. I think they cling to it because they're reluctant to
> admit their own spiritual laziness in never having expended
> the effort to actually see him "live," and I think that they
> cling to it because they actually *prefer* the simplistic,
> heavily edited, expurgated version of the man and "What he
> taught."
>
> And yet they talk, talk, talk about the "truth" of "What
> Maharishi taught," which they know solely from his tapes and
> his books (some of which were not even written by him). Truth?
> I say to them the same thing Jack Nicholson said to Tom Cruise
> in A Few Good Men. "The truth? You can't *handle* the truth."
... then what is your ' take " of the interview of P .Mason "the"
biographer of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi - i found at:
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/ark/stories/2008/2160504.htm

Rachael Kohn: Paul, did you ever meet Maharishi Mahesh Yogi?

Paul Mason:  Initially I wanted to, and then I changed my mind. I
thought, Well this  man has such a profound effect on all of his
followers - Mike Love of  The Beach Boys and The Beatles - their lives
never seemed the same. I  was determined to get close to him to find out
as much as I possibly  could, to be a sort of fly on the wall. But I
held back from getting too  close to him.

Rachael Kohn: Why?
Paul Mason:  I think he had an incredible hold over his followers. I
think he had an  almost hypnotic, mesmerising effect on people, and I
guess I would be  as vulnerable as anybody else to that, and I could see
that, so I didn't  want to get that involved. ....

in IMHO wouln't it be great if Deepak Chopra  had done the same  (BTW
according our personal  first- and last - contact he was afraid, too..)