--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:

> > > Maybe Weiner is an anxious guy, and maybe sexting helps
> > > relieve his anxiety, don't know. Sexting is the reason he
> > > gave for going into treatment
> >
> > That would be the reason given in any case. But I have
> > a very strong hunch he had some kind of breakdown, was
> > maybe even suicidal. I doubt it would have been quite
> > so precipitous otherwise. There was no *immediate*
> > need for him to be treated for his online behavior; I
> > can't imagine there was any danger that he'd jump
> > right in again.
> >

> In any case, it gives him cover to appear as though he is trying to clean up
> his act, which will put him in good stead with his constituents to forgive
> him. I'd rather not speculate on a breakdown or suicide. I think he is more
> of a fighter than that. A more likely scenario is that in his meeting with
> his friend, and voice of experience, Bill Clinton, Bill may have told him to
> get treatment for compulsive sexual behaviors.
>
> Obviously, Weiner won't sext anyone anytime soon, but Bill knows, as anyone
> with a sexual compulsion knows, it's only a matter of time before Weiner
> fucks up again. IMO he is smart to address his compulsions at a point in his
> life when he is ready to admit he has a problem. It's critical to the
> survival of his political career that he do so.

With this latest news report, it turns out that Judy's speculation about why
Weiner admitted himself for treatment is more accurate than mine.

"Rep. Anthony Weiner finally considering he may have to resign amid sexting
scandal, says source...

TMZ published a new slew of squirm-inducing self-portraits, including several
full-body shots taken in the House gym - some clothed, some not...

The source said one person Weiner would listen to is his mentor, Sen. Chuck
Schumer. Schumer says he is "heartbroken" but has stopped short of telling
Weiner to quit...

The last two weeks have taken a toll on the congressman, who isn't sleeping and
spends hours pacing his apartment, friends said...

He told his staff he was taking a few days off to be evaluated for mental
health treatment and get some clarity."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/12/2011-06-12_rep_anthony_weiner_finally_considering_he_may_have_to_resign_amid_sexting_scanda.html

http://tinyurl.com/6gptp6j