--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > > You are right.  In fact he has stated outright that he has
> > > not come to a conclusion.
> > >
> > > But my point was that that shaping tells another story.
> > > We both know and respect Lawson's intellect.  So why would
> > > he call it a he said she said when everyone knows that he
> > > said nothing?
> >
> > Figure of speech. In this case the "he said" aspect is
> > the folks who are denying it.
>
> He said she said is more technical than that and does not
> include people who where not there in the room of the
> alleged event.  It is a statement of parity.  It isn't he
> said and later some other people said who were interested
> in what happened.

>From Mr. Dictionary:

"figure of speech--a form of expression (as a simile or
metaphor) used to convey meaning or heighten effect often
by comparing or identifying one thing with another that
has a meaning or connotation familiar to the reader or
listener"

He used the term loosely, not in the legal/technical
sense, to mean something that is alleged that can't be
verified. You know that, I know that.

> > > He is making excuses why it is reasonable that he NOT
> > > read the account.  But they are not really reasonable are
> > > they?
> >
> > He made no such excuses that I saw, Curtis. He simply
> > said he didn't intend to read it. Again you're making
> > assumptions for which there's no basis in what he
> > actually said.
>
> No, he also gave reasons why he wasn't going to.  Reasons
> that involved shaping.

Please cite them. I couldn't find any. I think you're
misremembering.

> > > I mean we all have more than a little at stake with
> > > Maharishi.
> >
> > Speak for yourself. Lawson's never seemed to have much
> > of a stake in MMY's personal behavior either way, which
> > could well be why he's not interested in reading it.
>
> As I said, words one way, shaping tells another story.

Unless you're imagining the "shaping," of course.

> But who really cares if Lawson reads anything?  I was just
> pointing out that the reasons he gave why it sounded less
> than credible seemed bogus to me.

What he said was that it isn't *verifiable*. There's a
difference between that and *credible*. He doesn't have
to have read the book to point out that it isn't
verifiable; and he can't say whether it's credible
without having read it. He said explicitly that he
didn't dismiss its credibility.

> We all came into the book with some standards of what
> makes an account credible.  Then we read it and applied
> them.
>
> > But he's always ready to poke holes in folks' reasoning.
> > I think he's right to point out that we're taking it all
> > as established fact when there's no way that it could be;
> > no matter how convincing one may find the book, it's
> > still basically hearsay.
>
> I think you and I have some pretty high level corroboration
> of Maharishi's personal life.

Not that can be *verified*.

> Is the account of Lincoln's assassination merely hearsay? I
> mean I never got a statement from Lincoln afterwards.

Curtis, you're crashing and burning on this one.

> > Now I want to give you another chance to respond to a
> > question I asked you last week in a post you chose not
> > to respond to:

> > > Judy you have never conceded to this point and I don't
> > > want to dig up the past because you and I have gotten
> > > beyond this.
> >
> > "Dig up the past"? You're suggesting I've lied in the
> > past? If so, you've just regressed us right back to the
> > beginning. *Before* the beginning, in fact.
> >
> > *Is* that what you're suggesting?
>
> Yes I believed that you lied in posts to me on AMT. I spent
> many posts trying to get you to acknowledge them.  You never
> did.

Please cite some instances. I don't think that ever
happened. What did you believe I lied about?