--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardjwilliamstexas"
<willytex@...> wrote:

> do.rflex:
> > Jon Stewart takes down Fox News like only he can.
> >
> So, did Jon Stewart's follow-up attack on Fox News
> come across as spiteful? Yes, since he made a big
> false statement on TV in front of millions of people.
>
> His misstatement makes all his other statements seem
> false as well. Stewart told a fib and Manning thinks
> it's funny. So, I guess that makes Manning and Stewart
> both really stupid liars. Go figure.
>
> "The way Stewart phrased the comment, it's not enough
> to show a sliver of evidence that Fox News' audience
> is ill-informed. The evidence needs to support the
> view that the data shows they are 'consistently'
> misinformed — a term he used not once but three times.
> It's simply not true that 'every poll' shows that
> result. So we rate his claim False." - PolitiFact

Politifact Is False: Every Poll Shows Fox News Viewers Are The Most
Misinformed

  At DeSmogBlog, Chris Mooney debunks Politifact's "false
<http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/20/jon-stewart/\
jon-stewart-says-those-who-watch-fox-news-are-most/> "  rating of
Jon Stewart's claim that "every poll" shows Fox News viewers
to be the "most  consistently misinformed
<http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201106190001> ."

Mooney, author of The Republican War  on Science, explains that all
five studies
<http://www.desmogblog.com/jon-stewart-1-politifact-0-fox-news-viewers-a\
re-most-misinformed>  done on the question find that watching Fox News
and  believing political misinformation — on the Iraq War, global
warming,  health care legislation, and other contentious  political
issues <http://www.desmogblog.com/fox-news-effect-few-references>  —
are strongly correlated.

http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/06/22/251036/politifact-is-false-eve\
ry-poll-shows-fox-news-viewers-are-the-most-misinformed/