Ayahuasca toxicity,
yes, in some Fairfield meditators too.
But generally the
toxicity of this stuff is something
I've run across in 'seeking'-people otherwise.  It
can't be unknown because clearly
it happens.  People wrecking their
physiology with Ayahuasca as a neuro-halucinagetic concocted tripping stuff.
With folks frying circuits in their nervous systems, discombobulating their
mental well-being and dis-integrating or screwing-up
their spiritual life big time otherwise.

In reading
the internet links on Ayahuasca, evidently it seems that 'excited' ayahuasca
apologists have sway in most ayahuasca forums and web pages on the larger
subject of people wrecking themselves tripping on ayahausca.  Of course taking
ayahausca is quite
a trendy new-age tourist industry obviously conflicted by large PR interests of
the people promoting it as something special.  Both in Central and South
America but also in the Southwest USA.

Practically, it would be interesting to see some clinical notes of ambulance
paramedics or emergency room psych-diagnosis of ayahuasca 'overdose'.  And it
would be good to hear about ayahuasca from the experience of ongoing mental
health people as
they look at it and experience the effects.  Clinical experience with it.

I would speculate that there must be a mental health wreckage that is dealt
with in South America by communities and public health people there.  Is it
clinically showing up here in the West or Southwest US too?  Clearly it is not
good for some people as in, too much of a good thing that clearly is
un-spiritual in a mental health sort of way.