--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> On 07/01/2011 08:58 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> > Happy happy joy joy. I'm back home in the Netherlands, and
> > have found that one of the cafes that I often sit in while
> > writing has Westmalle, the Trappist beer I discovered in
> > Brussels. My heart soars like an eagle.
> >
> > They also have a beer from the Himalayas called Yak Piss.
> > Something about Purusha Bottling Company on the label,
> > which is some kind of pastels-gone-wild painting, with
> > lots of gold embossing. But given the description of that
> > brew I cognized yesterday on the train, and the chilly
> > reception it received here, I think I might avoid that
> > one.  :-)
>
> Not much into alcohol mainly stimulants like espresso.  But
> if I want to stock up on a six or twelve pack for guests I
> usually get Gordon Biersch Martzen.  And a micro brewery is
> moving into the recently closed family Italian restaurant
> downtown so may have to give it a whirl when it opens.  One
> evening with a friend I went to a local micro brewery and we
> decided to order the sampler.  I was used to these being
> about 6 small glasses.  They brought 18. ;-)

Happy happy joy barf. :-) Despite what has been said
of me, I'm actually not that much of a drinker. I just
appreciate the occasional taste of a fine single-malt
Scotch or a well-brewed beer or a well-cultivated wine.
Not necessarily the buzz, or the deadness of overdoing
it, but the taste.

Again, I wish that Joe was here more regularly, because
he seems to be SO much more a beer connoisseur than I am.
I just appreciate the flavor of the Westmalle, and the
light buzz of its fairly high (by US standards) alcohol
content, without knowing the WHY of why I appreciate
them. Same with fine wines. I may be able to appreciate
the taste, but I can't tell you how it got that way.