> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > As I told Yahoo and the Movement's lawyer, we would have
> > been happy to delete the post if MUM, Yahoo, or the lawyer
> > had asked us too. I wonder how much it cost MUM to have
> > that lawyer contact Yahoo?
>
> Not to mention, dare I say it, how much it cost them
> to have someone monitor Fairfield Life in the first
> place, such that they knew it was there.

Much more likely it was a busybody reading the group on
their own time, then tattling to the authorities when
they saw the post with Bevan's email.

And I'd guess that not only Yahoo's notice but the MMY
Foundation's notice were just forms with spaces to plug
in specific information. Probably didn't cost much at
all; could have been a clerk who did it.

The interesting thing is that the email was posted back
in January 2010, and it's taken them this long to get
around to sending the notice. Either they have a huge
backlog of these "infringements," or (my guess) they
wait till they have a bunch, then dump them in somebody's
lap to send out notices en masse.

The whole thing is just impossibly trivial (especially
considering that far more sensitive TMO material has
been posted here), but unfortunately the potential
consequences for FFL are not trivial, and there's no
easy way to fight them.