For old time's sake

________________________________
From: Ravi Yogi <raviy...@att.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:07:22 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: And now for something completely different...

"These days, claims of higher states of consciousness don't bother me
much. I find them entertaining and try not to judge. "I like to tell
people: "I think I'm tall" but as the wife says "If  you're going to lie
about something, why pick something so easy to  disprove""

Bob - Despite the sarcasm I say bullshit - I sense lot of discomfort and
passive aggressive behavior on your part with the "E" label - may be you
should stay within the "H" (humor) territory and not venture towards the
"E" , I don't think you have completely undressed from your old clothes
yet - I really do enjoy your humor though.
Ravi my
man,

Your
insights are always appreciated,
saves me
asking the wife what her
opinion
is. Should I state the obvious?
All
"aggressive behaviour",on a
forum
like this,
is "passive" in nature.

And if
being different is what gets you
through
the night, not to worry-I'm OK
with that.
But as your friend, I need
to mention
that boring the hell out
of people
can wreak havoc onrelationships.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:

> Thanks Curtis,Â
> I'm pleased that someone thinks my voice
> trainingÂ
> is showing results.
> I knew Robin by reputation till he began
> posting on FFL. During his hay day I was as far from the TMO and
Big
> GÂ as I think one could get. But I still knew people in theÂ
movement,
> although I think they thought of me as more of a heavy un-dresser than
> a friend. There was no shortage of wankers claiming CC or
> GCÂ when I was "all in". It took years for me to understand the
> reason they made me so
> angry- was that they were forcing me to look
> more closely at Big M and more importantly at my own motivations
> for thinking of someone as my guru. When I heard about
Robin I
> felt he was something different. From his story I felt he was
a real
> artist. IOM, only an artist would look the TMO and MaharishiÂ
straight in
> the eye and push all his chips onto roulette red. Although I'm a
> businessman, I have nothing but affection for artists. That might
explain
> my enjoyment of yours and Turqs posts. No matter what else
Robin is I
> will always think of him as an artist.
> These days, claims of higher states of
> consciousness don't bother me much. I find them entertaining and try
not to
> judge. I like to tell people: "I think I'm tall" but as the wife says
> "If you're going to lie about something, why pick something so easy to
> disprove".Â
>

> ________________________________

cue right after International Co-ed Jello Wrestling Showdown
Extravaganza Championship (The one with the NR rating)  I love that you
movie was described as Emotional and Dark, right up my alley.

> I neglected to thank you for having my back in a few exchanges here.
Much appreciated.  I am enjoying the fact that you can post
simultaneously wacky and profound which is the style I am a big fan of.

> BTW how do you know Robin?  Only from the board?
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price bobpriced@ wrote:
> >
> > Curtis,
> >
> > Thank you for this. The wife, recently, made me watch "Rabbit Hole".
> >
> > http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rabbit_hole/
> >

> > Without I hope-spoiling anything, I feel, it might be a topical
> > story in relation to some of your exchanges with Robin.
> > On one level, it's a story about unbearable loss, the kind you
eitherÂÂ
> > learn to deny or adopt as a presence, an other in your
> > life, but never free yourself from.
> >
> > But on another level-it seemed to be saying:
> > "The question is not-Does God exist, but rather if he didn't
> > exist-we'll have to invent him."
> >
> > I guess, what I liked about the film was that the writer(s) seemed
toÂÂ
> > have no compulsion to resolve the uncertainty, the "doubt". IOM,
> > this is always the best type of writing.
> >
> > The character of the teenage boy is closest to the person I'd like
ÂÂ
> > to be. The acting is consistently good, but the actor playing this
boyÂÂ
> > shows more grief in a "look" than I knew was possible.
> >
> > If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend.
> >
> > PS: I'm hoping Bill will be up for some exchanges on early
> > Christianity. ÂÂ
> >

> > ________________________________

driving-license photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523
> >
> > What is so brilliant about this for me is that it shows the
arbitrariness in societies protected beliefs.  In every other area of
human discourse you can point your finger and go "bullshit" when some
makes an absurd claim like that the Holocaust never happened.  But in
the area of religion absurd claims are protected as if assumed sacred.
It is a holdover from our tribal ancestry and is long overdue for a
revising.  Religion has protected so many bad ideas in societies and
still does.

> > And if the claims of religion were true, if the world really does
work as they claim, then why be so touchy as if it is delicate?  If
their view is reality then is should hold up like any other set of
beliefs with good reasons supporting them.  But we treat these beliefs
as fragile little flowers that can't stand up to a little challenge.

> > So many religions claim that God want's us to wear special hats, or
special underwear. The creator of the universe who spent about 260
million years on this planet alone with the dinosaurs, gets pissed off
if you take a piece of fabric off your head.

> > Well I guess it's OK as long as it only applies to women because God
has universally made it clear in the world's scriptures how we should
think of them.