On 07/15/2011 05:45 AM, obbajeeba wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> I see a guillotine in your future!
>>
>> IOW, those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. ;-)
>>
>> (Inspired by Mike Malloy's rap tonight.)
>>
> Did you really mean, "Happy Bastille Day you F'ing Thieves?"

Malloy was talking about the Minnesota governor caving in to Republicans
by not passing a measly 3% tax increase on the rich.   So Malloy started
talking about what happened during the French Revolution and how many of
the rich faced the guillotine.  If you look at an overview of what went
on back then it is similar to what we're seeing now in the US.
Something similar also brought the Bolshevik Revolution.  Both
situations were where a small percentage of the rich owned most of the
wealth.

I read recently where the rich in the US have been buying $250,000 guard
dogs.