whynotnow:
> No, it came from a deer I am pretty sure.

Probably from Corbett Park.

http://www.corbettpark.com/

>From what I've read, Guru Dev did not sit on a 'deerskin';
he meditated on an antelope skin. The skin, which was
given to Guru Dev by his guru Swami Krishnanada Saraswati,
which the great Guru Dev meditated on, was inherited by
his successor, in direct desciplic succession.

Not only the skin, but the gold gilt high chair and the
Raja Umbrella, the sandals, the japa beads, the water pot
and the staff of Guru Dev.

Also, the Jyotirmath Ashram, the buildings and all the
Ashram property, both at Jypotirmath and at the Shankar
Math at Allahabad, were inherited by Guru Dev's successor.

Guru Dev's successor was H.H. Swami Shantanand Saraswati,
as reported in the Indian Press. All the above listed
items are now in the possession of Swami Vasudevananda
Saraswati, the current representative of the line of
Brahmanada Saraswati.

Read more:

Subject: The Shankaracharyas Today
Author: Willytex
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: July 1, 2003
http://tinyurl.com/3ugc62k

Sources:

'The Times of India'
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

"The Whole Thing, the Real Thing"
The Official Biography of Guru Dev

"A Tradition of Teachers: Shankara and the Jagadgurus Today"
By William Cenkner, Ph.D.