According to vedic literature, human beings are actually higher than the
rakshasas in the natural order of things on earth.  So, the wickedness of the
rakshasas become their own downfall, e.g. Hitler and the Third Reich; and
Montezuma and the Aztec Empire (yes it's true.  Their human sacrifices angered
their neighboring tribes, who were the victims, and who gladly made alliances
with the Spaniards to overthrow the Aztec empire.)