I remembered a story today about Charlie Donahue

being interviewed by Tom Synder.  This may be a sign
I've been spending to much time on FFL.

In any event, its a good story and some may enjoy it. If you have
different versions of these stories or other stories of
good come backs I would enjoy reading them.

Charlie was interviewed by Tom Synder.
Tom liked to throw his guests off with

an opening one liner. At the beginning of
the interview Tom shook hands
with Charlie and said:

Tom
"Your hand's are wet, are you nervous?"

Charlie
"No, you've run out of paper towels in your bathroom."

Another favourite of mine I remember the end
but I'm not confident of my memory of the beginning.

Someone rounding too much on teacher training in Fuggi
asked Maharishi in evening theatre question period what he should
do about a strong recurring thought he was having (not sure how clear
the man was this first evening or if Maharishi understood what he was saying).
Maharishi seemed to say the man should act out the thought.
A night or two later the man came back on crutches and bandaged. He waited
patiently in line  for the mike and then explained to Maharishi that he had
acted on his thought
to thrown himself in front of a car and he had just returned from the hospital.

In what seemed like not missing a beat Maharishi said (I'm paraphrasing)

"Its not good to put oneself under the wheel."