> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

snip

> > since they're just delivering Saddam his bad karma??  BillyG.
>
> Nope. Killing is killing. The deliverer of the karma is still
> participating in the karma, unless they're enlightened, but even
then,
> the physical backlash remains.
>
> Hussein's karma would play itself out regardless of who decided to
> participate. He might die in agony due to diseases resulting from
his
> lifestyle, for instance. Or he could even suffer terribly in his
next
> life. Whoever decides to participate in violence reaps violence.
>
> Sometimes its worth sacrificing your own karma for the sake of an
> obvious outcome, but that doesn't "balance the books" --it just
gives
> you satisfaction for "doing something 'right'".

Perhaps we agree; and if it's 'right' then it would be in harmony
with dharma, whether
it be individual or societal, yes? Right!, killing IS sin,(Gita
Ivs36)
but sometimes a higher principle like dharma, (upholding
righteousness) steps in and determines that 'unless' you act you
would incur sin, (i.e. standing by and watching evil when you had the
ability to stop it).....

In brief, the *reason* for killing greatly agravates or mitagates the
karma....yes?