From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] If TM were a drug?
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 9:58 AM

      Knowing some ayurveda is useful.  Insomnia is often related to a vata

imbalance though in summer excess pitta can cause it.  Cooling and

calming herbs are useful.  Spearmint tea is cooling for pitta and

somewhat calming for vata.  Comfrey is also a good tea to use.  Dr.

Lad's vata tea consists of equal amounts of cumin, coriander and

ginger.  But if pitta might be an issue reduce or omit the ginger.  Even

back in the 1980s I kept a bottle of valerian root tablets next to my

bed to allay insomnia.  "Ram" is a calming mantra for vata.

I've also successfully used this tribal mantra to bring on sleep:

http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2007/02/health_tip_of_t_1.html