Thanks, Judy, I can now do hyperlinks in my email again. The problem
with displaying links was one more reason yahoo was losing some of my
email business to Facebook. It used to be that just typing in an http
type of address would automatically turn it into a hyperlink. That
feature disappeared a few months ago. I find it annoying that yahoo
keeps on prompting me to upgrade to what they erroneously believe to be
their  latest and great version of yahoo email, which I have no interest
in doing, while they're still making unwise changes to their older
versions.
Option number two works for me as long as I first highlight the address
with my mouse before clicking on the hyperlink button. Then I have to
remember to ignore the popup and to just hit the enter key. --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> With Rich Text:
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Alex Stanley
> j_alexander_stanley@ wrote:
> >
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14417362
> >
> BBC story on Christianity in the Netherlands
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14417362>
>
> On the menu at the top, the 7th icon from the left is "Add a link." If
> you click it, a box will open for you to enter a URL (I entered
Alex's);