So we keep growing until we have to send spaceships to the planets and
stars because we've overgrown the planet like weevils infesting a bag of
flour?

I've always had a problem with this idea of "growth".  Conservatives
will argue that we aren't overpopulated and can fit the entire
population of the planet in Texas with room to spare (bet Texans would
love that).  To me it seems like academics looking at the growth thing
one dimensionally.

And are we going to create "make work" jobs?  Meaningless jobs that are
only there to pay a wage?  I'm with the crowd that says pay people NOT
to work.  Give stipends to everyone.  There's some government spending
for ya that will probably work!  But the Koch Zombies (my new name for
Tea Baggers) will whine that is "welfare" and we must all "work hard."
What a bunch of fools.  And then there is the argument that if you
divided up all the work people would only work 1/3 of the year.

I'm a technologist but at this juncture the technology field could
plateau development for a decade or few and I think everyone would be
happy.  The public is having enough of a problem adapting to new
technologies anyway.

The problem with our system is that the establishment is a drag on our
society.  That's why a revolution is needed to change things.  Otherwise
they'll keep trying to orchestrate things thus leading to more inequity.

And what government spending?  Yup, we need some work on the highways,
dams, levees and a few other things.  That will take care of some blue
collar workers.  We need less government spending in defense sectors.
We've turned killing people into a new business.  One that is going to
backfire on this country.