On Aug 21, 2011, at 1:20 PM, sparaig wrote:

> But a sutra is valid on all possible frequencies, to use your analogy. A
> continuum of values is different than multiple discrete values, though in the
> real world, "continuous" merely means "so many that they are uncountable for
> all practical purposes". Even so, enumerating all the possible meanings of a
> sutra, according to the definition below, would require that you also
> enumerate all the possible points of view that the sutra could be viewed
> from, which is still "impossible for all practical purposes."

IME sutras, that is samadhic literature, is not infinite in it's individual
scope, it is limited to the various perspectives available in particular
lifeforms and unique context it has. So therefore the type of samadhic
literature we're likely to read or discuss is that intended primarily for the
human dimension, which is not to say that that there is not some overlap
between dimensions, there of course is.

Even though the causes of suffering are effectively infinite, revealed
spiritual literature of this type often limits the number of perspectives to
the particular type of listeners it's intended for. So the sutric fabric of the
yoga-sutras is intended from the POV of turiyatita or "cosmic consciousness"
whose structure is defined by samkhya cosmological frameworks and it's
listeners.