On Aug 22, 2011, at 5:04 PM, sparaig wrote:

> I still haven't seen any research, whether, from Shambhala Mountain Center
> Study, or other studies, that describes the physiological correlates of pure
> consciousness measured during the practice of Buddhist techniques.

Pure consciousness is a TM creation, so I don't expect you'll find such
silliness anywhere else. The primary examples of higher states of consciousness
are for samadhi in both the Hindu Patanjali traditions and the Buddhist
traditions.

Both share the same EEG hallmarks BTW. Both represent "fourth" states, that is
states of awareness not normally seen in waking, dreaming or sleeping.