> It would be a waste of time trying to teach someone who is not interested or
> motivated about the benefits and implications of meditation.

Not necessarily.  When my mother had me learn, I certainly wasn't motivated
about the benefits of TM.  It wasn't until I was older that I became curious
about it, and even then I wasn't really motivated about it.  It wasn't until
about several practices 5 years after not practicing at all that I even felt
anything.  After that, then I became hooked.  My brother had a similar story,
except he never continued with the practice and gave it up entirely.  My sister
and I both became Siddhas.

You're correct, sometimes it is a waste of time, but sometimes it isn't to
teach someone who's not entirely interested.

seekliberation