http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13674670902788908#preview

Abstract
As a result of the recent resurgence of violence in the Tibetan Autonomous
Region, the Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights has an increased
patient demographic: Tibetan refugee monks. Diagnosed by their amchis
(traditional healers) as having a srog-rLung (life-wind) imbalance and
presenting with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), they struggle with their
contemplative meditation, whichâ€"as a central focus of their daily
livesâ€"normally comes with ease. In this article, we consider the treatment
implications of the highly relevant Buddhist context for this dual diagnosis.
Specifically, we contextualise the classification of “religious impairment”
as well as the significance of ongoing persecution of the devoutly religious
for trauma therapy. We then draw upon spiritually oriented Eastern therapies as
well as the confluence of specific paradigmatic practices to properly address
these pathological intricacies in devising an effective holistic healing
approach to the dual PTSD/srog-rLung diagnosis.

TM, on the other hand...