Just weighing in on the interview, I just watched most of it.  Funny how the
metaphor for Rick looking so clear in the video and him being fuzzy kind of
expressed how I felt a lot of the time.

I am left with the impression that these guys require you to meet them a bit
more than half way on the assumptions train.  And he is perpetuating the
assumptions his own teacher ran on him which he bought into.  The big elephant
in the room is the question of why we should confer on this guy any more or
less of a status of knowing more about reality or truth than we already to in
order to place ourselves into the relationship with him as teacher which he is
inviting us to assume.  Interestingly enough this is precisely the conditions
of conferring authority on someone else that oils the wheels for a hypnotic
session.  Not to say he is hypnotizing his audience in some sideshow obvious
way.  But his language is the language analyzed in NLP as hypnotic in nature in
that it invites the listener to take the rather vague non sensory phrases, and
find something in themselves that fits or makes sense.  The difference from
this and poetry which uses some of the same linguistic patterns is the context
that he has a deeper insight from the beginning than you do.  And if you are
sort of unconfident about your view of reality or are just unhappy with your
internal state, this might have more appeal than it had for me.  I found little
to buy into about what he was talking about since I couldn't find any evidence
for his view of reality being an improvement on my own.  So I am not a
candidate and surely people into this kind of thing would caulk it up to my
lack of spiritual sensitivity.  Fair enough.

One point I found a bit disturbing in his definition of awakening was his lack
of integration of known psychological problems like depersonalization and
dissociative disorders. I believe it is going to be necessary for this
information to be addressed to make some distinctions between these states for
them to be taken more seriously by cretins like me.  In India they seem to take
you at your word that you are divinely inspired because you say you are, and no
attempt is made to see if a bit of brain chemical balancing is in order.  And I
know big Pharm had become trigger happy with these drugs but I personally know
success stories of people who got the right dose of the right stuff and are now
living much happier functional lives because of them. In any case its omission
is glaring. How does he distinguish awakening from pathology?

So I guess if you get into the room with him with all the assumptions about him
in place, and let him float his river of nonsensory based words over you, it
can bring you to a shift in your awareness.  And if it is also supported by a
whole cluster of beliefs about how the world really is in its nondual glory,
you can expand into that as your reality.  Been there.  I still believe we can
do better these days than to assume that this state is an improvement.  But
then we all are left to make that determination for ourselves.  I'm taking the
neurology route right now. Until I know all the hardware capacities we have
discovered, it is hard for me to take his software instillation at face value.
(Hint: it may be all about the temporal lobe.)

So I am trying on another version of nondualism which involves a bit of
reductionism that labels the mind body split as an illusion, an artifact of how
our brain operates. It is pretty much the opposite of the direction of
Adyashanti's teaching.

But Rick's recording his perspective is still fascinating to me and I applaud
your project Rick.  You are giving them all a chance to make their case.  And
for the person who finds it compelling, I know it is a wonderful ride.  I got
my ticket punched too and am glad I did.