Is this what you saw?

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

It's usually attributed to Gandhi, but it's a misquote.
Here's what he actually said:

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world
would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does
the attitude of the world change towards him....We need
not wait to see what others do."

Just happened to see a story about famous misquotes on Yahoo
News, and this was among them.