Perhaps this would be better, more simple and direct.
Also done by a Buddhist nun but without the baggage.

http://www.leighb.com/4bvs.htm

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...>
wrote:

> Like I said, for simpletons :) Â I tend to always want to condense
and translate complexity into more simple paraphrase...after the
analysis is said and done, what is the main point and can I use it to
inform my life? That's all I'm really after in most of what I read. Â
I don't disagree with you however, she is certainly a monk and divorced
from real life. Â
> I tend to find her "mindless Buddhaspeak" far easier and more helpful
than what I've been reading of "Maharishispeak" however. That man was
far from clear on anything from what I can tell...he used many, many,
words to say a number of things that don't mean anything...but I admit
to spending very little time with his works.
> I stay pretty high level and conceptual when it comes to religions of
all kinds and generally look at the common denominators among them as a
point of interest and a teachable moment for myself. Â
> Right now, I find it useful to focus on compassion..its that simple
for me and Pema outlines a simple method that seems completely benign.
 Benign is what I'm looking for as I wouldn't want to chant a mantra
in ignorance and inadvertently invoke unexpected results from one of the
many Hindu gods or gurus I refuse to bow down to. Â Scary. Â
> Interesting website though and I will read the review and also check
out the other reviews of interest. Â Thank you for sending it.