"Night of the Living Dead shambled into cinemas during the Nixon era.
Carter gave us two adaptations of Dracula. See that massive red spike in
the '80s? That's when conservative superhero Ronald Reagan occupied the
highest office, and a Night of the Living Dead remake, one sequel, two
Return of the Living Dead movies and Reanimator occupied the cinemas.
Then Clinton gave us Anne Rice. The connection is confirmed by academics
who study the subject. What the hell?"

http://www.cracked.com/article_19402_6-mind-blowing-ways-zombies-vampires-explain-america.html

"Vampires Kiss" is one of my favorite dark comedies with Nicholas Cage
running down the streets of New York screaming "I'm a vampire!"

Actually the author doesn't seem to know that Marx likened capitalists
to vampires sucking the blood of the public.