At long last we have the scientific answer to what bears actually do in
the woods.(at least in the USA  [;)] )
I'm going to leave the discussion of wiping techniques and such to the
rest of you, and simply report that I was indeed able to successfully
drain an entire lake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fADAW8sXBRc

and are  now in hiding..... [:D]
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> This blog post is over a year old, but my attention
> was called to it by a Slate Explainer column about
> the marketing of toilet paper:
>

> NAD to Charmin: No Bare Bear Bottoms
> P&G Must Show Some Pieces of TP on Bruin's Bums
>
> By Jack Neff
>
> Published: August 12, 2010
>
> Procter & Gamble Co. must add little flecks of
> cartoon toilet paper to the backsides of its
> Charmin cartoon bears in future ads or risk the
> wrath of arbitrators. That follows a decision
> released yesterday by the National Advertising
> Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
>
> Acting on a challenge by rival Kimberly-Clark
> Corp., the NAD found that P&G had indeed
> substantiated its long-running claim of leaving
> "fewer pieces behind" than the leading ultra-
> rippled brand, K-C's Cottonelle.
>
> To support its claim, P&G relied on tests in which
> tiny weights are placed atop wet toilet paper, then
> dragged along a surface via a mechanical device.
> This test, which shows up in online ads, showed
> Cottonelle left behind "large, visible pieces"
> while Charmin Ultra left no pieces behind.
>
> But actual people don't wipe quite like that,
> pending future technological advances. So the NAD
> said the test overstates Charmin's superiority and
> "did not accurately reflect the results consumers
> normally see and experience." Thus, P&G should no
> longer show the test, NAD decided.
>
> And while a voiceover on the TV ad from Publicis,
> New York, claims only "fewer pieces" left behind,
> the cartoon bear's bottom shows no pieces
> whatsoever, which the NAD found misleading.
>
> This case raises several disturbing questions.
> First, what "results" do consumers "normally see"
> in this regard? How do they see them? How exactly
> did the consumer tests work? And what were the oral
> arguments like?
>
> A K-C spokesman declined to comment, and a P&G
> spokeswoman couldn't immediately be reached.

http://adage.com/article/adages/advertising-p-g-show-pieces-charmin-bear\
s/145379/