On Sep 23, 2011, at 7:15 PM, Yifu wrote:

> Vaj,,,....you're constantly demanding "complete" Transcendence. Statistically
> speaking, this is rare; but a partial T. is always more probable, thus the
> term "Transcendental" in TM. I don't see that word in Vipassana, so go figure.
> http://www.yukoart.com/news/ai22_1.html

In the Vedanta approach to realization, there are, basically, two methods:
samadhi and nondual contemplation. Samadhi practice is used to the point where
one has enough suppression of mental factors, that one can appreciate and
actually utilize nondual "non-meditation": contemplation on and of Brahman.
Similarly, in Buddhist practice one might use shamatha or samadhi practice
first, and then engage in vipassana meditation, which is much more like nondual
(Vedanta: nididhyAsana) contemplation. There are differing advantages to each
way.

But really, at least from the Buddhist perspective, one can master samadhi and
go on to insight (vipaśyanā) OR one can go from insight mastery, then to
shamatha/samadhi practice - and then (essentially) unify the two into the
nondual View (nondual recognition). There is no limitation on the ways this
could happen, as each person has a unique nadi-constituion (or nervous system).

We're all unique.