On 09/30/2011 02:49 PM, richardwillytexwilliams wrote:

>>> 10 U.S. Cities With the Most Expensive Cost of Living
>>> Kiplinger:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/64b65fo
>>>
> Bhairitu:
>> So how's that workin' out for ya.
>>
> Texas has led the U.S. in employment growth, adding 406,000
> jobs since December 2009, according to data compiled by
> Bloomberg. The rest of the U.S. added zero jobs in August.
>
> "Job growth, increased drilling activity, firm trade and
> retail sales have contributed to a solid three quarters of
> economic growth in Texas..." - John Heleman
>
> Bloomberg, September 28, 2011

Willy is being silly again and deleting the article I linked where you
would read:

Meanwhile, Texas business growth has been slowing since mid-2010,
reported an Austin business newspaper.

At the same time, one in every three Texas families that include at
least one wage-earner remains below the federal poverty level of $22,300
per year income for a family of four. This more than doubles
California's 15.3 percent 2010 rate.

The difference in poverty numbers indicates that Texas features many
more low-paying jobs than California, another factor depleting meaning
from the difference in unemployment rates.

http://streeteasy.com/nyc/talk/discussion/25674-debt-ridden-texas-no-longer-laughing-at-california