<http://action.massuniting.org/page/signup/take-back-boston#Events>
Actions
<http://action.massuniting.org/page/signup/take-back-boston#Blog>
Issues
<http://action.massuniting.org/page/signup/take-back-boston#Issues>
Press <http://action.massuniting.org/page/signup/take-back-boston#Press>
Coalition
<http://action.massuniting.org/page/signup/take-back-boston#Coalition>
Went to the event? Have photos and videos? Send them to
takebackbos...@gmail.com with your name and info and we'll share them
with everyone!

  [Right to the City]  <http://rttc-usa.tumblr.com/>  Big banks are
destroying our community. The banks took billions of our tax dollars,
yet we're the ones being forced out of our homes. The banks' greed is
costing our neighborhoods millions every year - cutting services and
closing schools and community centers. And it's only getting worse.

Big Businesses are killing our jobs and our environment. While the CEOs
rake in millions in salary and bonuses, major corporations are laying
off thousands of workers each month. And all the while, these companies
raise our rates, pump toxic chemicals into our water and air, and
endanger our families' lives. Enough is enough.

It's time to take back our city!

Together we can stop their greed. Let's fight for an economy that
works for all of us. It's time to build cities that are democratic,
just and sustainable.

Take Back Boston March and Rally
Friday, September 30
Boston Common Band Stand
2:00 PM - Music and Gathering
3:00 PM - March & Rally

Take Back the Block Festival
Saturday, October 1
On Fowler Street (Between Glenway Street and Greenwood Street),
Dorchester
1:30 - 4:00 PM

EVENTS

Friday, September 30

Right to the City Model Share
26 West Street,
Boston, MA 02111
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM

REGISTER HERE:
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFZmTURaX\
1lrQ3ZlU2s4Y3pxcU45ZVE6MA#gid=0>

Opening --- 9:30 to 10:00
Workshop (Choose one of following 5 workshops) --- 10:00 to NOON
Closing/Reportbacks -- NOON to 12:30

Workshop #1: NEW ECONOMY—Creating Green Jobs in Communities of Color
Presenters: Alternatives for Community Empowerment and Community-Labor
Coalition

Workshop #2: NEW ECONOMY--Creating 21st Century Jobs
Presenters: Jobs with Justice Making Change at Walmart Campaign and
National Domestic Workers Alliance/Jobs with Justice Caring Across
Generations Campaign

Workshop #3: DEMOCRACY--Building Political Power
Presenters: Virginia New Majority/Chinese Progressive Association
(Boston)

Workshop #4: DEMOCRACY—Challenging State Repression
Presenters: Boston Workers Alliance Ban the Box Campaign and Prison
Reform Campaign -- Orleans Parish Prison Reform Coalition represented by
Yvette Tierry of Safe Streets/Strong Communities and Dana Kaplan of
Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana

Workshop #5: MUTUAL AID—Sharing Our Labor.

Take Back Boston March & Rally
Boston Common Band Stand
Meet at 2:00 PM

Marchers will be meeting at the band stand in Boston Common starting at
2 PM. There will be music and speakers, and the march will take off at
3:30 PM, heading through Downtown Crossing and ending at 100 Federal
Street, the headquarters of Bank of America. Register using the form to
the right.

Headed to the March? Want to follow along via text message? Text BOS to
64336.

Saturday, October 1
Right to the City Model Share
150 Mt. Vernon Street,
Dorchester, MA
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
REGISTER HERE:
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFZmTURaX\
1lrQ3ZlU2s4Y3pxcU45ZVE6MA#gid=0>

Opening --- 9:30 to 10:00
Workshop (Choose one of following 5 workshops) --- 10:00 to NOON
Closing/Reportbacks -- NOON to 12:30

Workshop #1: NEW ECONOMY/MUTUAL AID—Taking Back Our City One Home at
a Time.
Presenters: City Life/Vida Urbana Sword and Shield Campaign and Causa
Justa/Just Cause

Workshop #2: NEW ECONOMY--Creating 21st Century Jobs
Presenters: Chinese Progressive Association San Francisco's Campaign
to End Wage Theft and POWER's Mandatory Local Hiring Campaign

Workshop #3: NEW ECONOMY—Creating Worker Cooperatives
Presenter: Tenant Workers United Taxi Workers Cooperative

Workshop #4: DEMOCRACY—Participatory Budgeting.
Presenter: Community Voices Heard

Workshop #5: DEMOCRACY—Challenging Secure Communities
Presenter: Olneyville Neighborhood Association

Take Back the Block Festival
On Fowler Street (Between Glenway Street and Greenwood Street),
Dorchester
1:30 - 4:00 PM
Join us for a fun and festive block party in Dorchester to support
families moving back into their homes. There will be fun, games and food
-- so don't miss out!

LATEST ACTIONS

Residents Take Foreclosure Fight to Bank Exec's Doorstep
A group of 50 activists deposited the trash from a vacant Bank of
America foreclosure on the doorstep of Bank of America Massachusetts
President Robert Gallery at 95 Beacon St on 9/21. They also served
Gallery and the Bank with a 9 day "notice to quit" warning them to stop
their harmful practices, or there will be a much larger demonstration on
9/30.
Local Residents Attempt to Return B of A Trash in Malden
Local residents gathered in Malden on September 19 to clean up an
abandoned Clinton Street property –  returning the collected yard
waste and trash to its rightful owner, Bank of America. Neighbors
launched the service project to rehab a local eyesore and raise
awareness of the impact bank foreclosures have on area communities.

A Breakfast Delivery for Bank of America
Less than 24 hours after announcing a planned mass layoff of more than
30,000 employees, local residents dropped in on a posh company-sponsored
breakfast at the Seaport Hotel in Boston. The event, billed as a
"government affairs forum," was chaired by Robert Gallery,
President of Bank of America-Massachusetts.

Protesters Descend on Boston Bank of America Branches