On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:56 PM, authfriend <jst...@panix.com> wrote:

> Dead at 56.

 What a shame.  If only he had kept up with his TM and become a TM sidha.
Then he could have had perfect health like we're all going to have soon and
be immortal, like we're all soon going to be.

A real shame.

On a serious note, of course he'll be missed.  He was a brilliant young guy
who threw great concerts and contributed something to the computer boom.
Not as much as a lot of people imagine, as the ideas of the fancy MMI was
developed by a Xerox research lab.   A great computer scientist, I'm not
sure.  A good marketeer, indeed.

He really cut it close.  He must have been in great pain and knew for years
how close the end was and by the grace of God or perfect timing bowed out of
Apple just in time.   If only he had appointed a charismatic successor like
me.  Most likely Apple will quickly become a former company.

So now we see if there's anything NeXT.