You sound  like the boneheads that have been posting on MSNBC's Newsvine 
that I have been taking to task.  If you, Willy and Herman Cain would 
pull your head out of your asses you would see THERE ARE NO JOBS!  And 
not everyone is an entrepreneur like Cain.  That takes a certain kind of 
individual.  I bet you've never even been a hiring manager as I have.  
Things have changed since the 1970s when there were "Help Wanted" signs 
all over the place and most of those employers didn't mind if after a 
few weeks something in your field came up and you left.  By even the 
1980s hiring managers were filtering out people who were "overqualified" 
because they knew we'd leave as soon as something in our field would pop up.

Back in the late 70s when club gigs dried up a bit I took a gig with 
ManPower and someone I worked with suggested I go apply at Olsten's temp 
services and if I could type take the typing test.  I did and when I 
finished the typing test the guy said, "you do 40 words per minute which 
is 40 more than I do."  So they put me on temp data entry jobs for 
companies like EDS.  And those paid much better than grunt work.  They 
sent me out on an accounting job and though good with abstract math 
(equations, etc) just plain bookkeeping puts me to sleep so that didn't 
work out so well.

Olsten's at least then (and probably still) was a franchise and the 
woman who ran the local office was a community theater director and 
loved getting jobs for creative folks.  They're still around but I'm 
unsure from the web site anymore what they are looking for as far as 
temps (they probably are overloaded with them).

Some of the kids protesting have advanced degrees.  You have people who 
have tons of experience but because they are older are getting passed 
over.  What are seniors supposed to do, crawl away and die?  If that is 
what they expect then I'll be sure to take some with me.

On 10/06/2011 11:35 AM, feste37 wrote:
> Herman Cain is right. Any young person in this country can get a job if they 
> apply themselves and show some resourcefulness. If these ragamuffins and 
> malcontents who are clogging up the streets don't have jobs and don't want 
> jobs, maybe it's time for the government to round them up and put them to 
> work doing something useful instead of  leaving them to waste their time 
> "protesting."
>
> --- In [email protected], "richardwillytexwilliams"<willytex@...> 
>  wrote:
>>
>>
>>>> 'Cain Tells Wall Street Protesters: It's
>>>> YOUR Fault You Don't Have Jobs'
>>>> http://tinyurl.com/3zjl9je
>>>>
>> Bhairitu:
>>> So now you are waiting for Herman Cain to pee
>>> money on you.
>>>
>> So, the 'Occupy Wall Street' protest is a race,
>> issue and black people are not participating.
>>
>> Go figure.
>>
>>> What would we do without our Texas pervert?
>>>
>> I'm not gay, so stop soliciting, and what has
>> Texas got to do with anything? Herman Cain is
>> from Georgia, so what?
>>
>> http://www.hermancain.com/about
>>
>>>>> Some commentators and even liberal ones have
>>>>> commented that the protest is unfocused and
>>>>> has no leadership.  What that says is they
>>>>> don't understand the majority of the young
>>>>> folks protesting...
>>>>>
>>>> Oh I think most of us understand why the young
>>>> folks are protesting - they are unemployed by
>>>> choice since they are anti-capitalist and pro-
>>>> communist. It would be hypocritical to protest
>>>> that you DID have a job and ARE making money!
>>>>
>
>

Reply via email to