>From E New
E-News is a free service of RadioVillage.com. Feel free to forward E-
News to your friends all over the world! Click here to add a
subscription. Our e-mail address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] Use it
to ask us any questions ... to report problems ... to sign up your
friends ... or to unsubscribe. AOL users should upgrade to the
latest version to get the most out of E-News. Thanks for being an E-
News reader!

If true sounds like what Beckley did as money got tight he did not
honor return orders but who knows what is true. Still not good in a
small town with a shrinking economy. The owner or one of the owners
Cliff Roses house has also been for sale for a few months now.

Fairfield Company Target Of Lawsuit

A Fairfield company is in the crosshairs of Iowa Attorney General
Tom Miller.

Mr. Miller has filed a consumer fraud lawsuit in Polk County
District Court against Vision Improvement Technologies. The lawsuit
says the company marketed a kit called the "See Clearly Method." It
contains manuals, charts and video and audiotapes that demonstrate
eye exercises and other techniques and claim they will naturally
improve vision. Miller says the company sells the kits nationally
with a 30-day trial basis and calls them risk free, but his office
has received several complaints that the guarantee is not being
honored. Thousands of kits were sold at $350 each.

The following is a statement received by KMCD from the Attorney
General's Office:

Attorney General Tom Miller filed a consumer fraud lawsuit Wednesday
against Vision Improvement Technologies, Inc., a Fairfield, Iowa,
company that sells a so-called natural vision improvement kit called
the "See Clearly Method."

"We allege that the company made dramatic claims for its product
that it could not substantiate," Miller said, "including
representations that consumers who used the method could quickly and
easily free themselves of having to wear glasses or contact lenses."

The lawsuit described the "See Clearly Method" as a kit of manuals,
charts, videotapes and audiotapes demonstrating eye exercises and
other techniques. The company allegedly sold tens of thousands of
the kits for about $350 apiece.

"We allege that Vision Improvement Technologies uses a combination
of misleading and unfair marketing tactics to sell their kits,"
Miller said. "The alleged illegal tactics include exaggerated claims
of effectiveness, false implications of scientific validity, and
misleading consumer testimonials in advertising."

The lawsuit also alleges that a so-called "risk-free" 30-day trial
period is deceptively presented and ends up obligating many
consumers to pay hundreds of dollars apiece for a product that did
not help them.

"Our suit asks the court to halt the unfair and deceptive practices,
assess civil penalties, and provide appropriate reimbursement for
consumers," Miller said.

The suit was filed Wednesday morning in Polk County District Court
in Des Moines.