On 10/31/2011 06:32 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans<dmevans365@...>  wrote:
>> You ARE enlightened. Â I have similar stories with my glasses as
>> I come late to wearing them (i.e., middle age). Â I clean them
>> with whatever shirt I am wearing most times or water and kleenex
>> or hand sanitizer if I happen to have any. Â They are not
>> prescription. Â I lose them and break them on a regular basis.
> Consider yourself lucky that you can get by with drug store reading glasses.
> With me, one eye needs more magnification than the other, so I have to have
> prescription glasses if I want to be able to read for more than a couple
> minutes without getting a headache.

My left eye got a cataract about 12 years ago and a few months later had
a cataract operation.  Quite a light show once the surgeon removed the
lens until replaced it with an artificial one.  Anyway my left eye is
almost 20/20 while the right about 20/400.  I don't have any reading
glasses but did take one pair of cheap ones to correct for the left eye
and knocked the lens out of the right side for reading.  But the
parallax needs correction so decided a month back to drop by Site for
Sore Eyes to have them make a reading pair.  They actually did the last
visit but they got my order wrong because I had left the frame for the
sunglasses to be upgraded (yes, the frames held sunglass lenses).  I
have a pair of computer glasses for work as they are more mid-range than
close but don't work as reading glasses.  Anyhoo, they told me I needed
another session with the optometrist because by law it is required every
two years.  Haven't been back for that.