--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardwillytexwilliams" <willytex@...>
wrote:

> turquoiseb:
> > 13 pithy comments from an author on the ramifications
> > of the OWS protestors storming the ramparts.
> >
> 5 reasons why income inequality is a myth:

Reprising my post from last Tuesday, which
Willytex apparently didn't see...

Thoroughly refuted here, with links:

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/10/yes-indeed-income-inequality-really-growing

Money quote from Matt O'Brien after talking to the
economist whose paper was (mis)used at Willytex's
link to attempt to discredit income equality:

"Consider the research and writing of Robert Gordon, a professor of social
sciences at Northwestern University. He has done pioneering work questioning the
extent of the aforementioned gap between productivity and median wages—work that
Pethokoukis misappropriates to claim that income gains have been shared 'fairly
equally.' Gordon found that the productivity gap may be about a tenth the size
as what is commonly thought, but, as he told me, that doesn't negate the story
about runaway wealth at the top of the income distribution.
"The evidence on the long-term increase of inequality within the bottom 99
percent is ambiguous and complex, but what stands out like a searchlight is the
unprecedented and increasing inequality between the bottom 99 percent and the
top 1 percent," Gordon told me.