The economy hasn't been doing really well since the 70's.  From Carter to
Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and now Obama, the economy has become worse during
each Presidency.  Whether Democrat or Republican, the one consisitent issue is
that things have simply become worse.

Carter increast the deficit by .3 trillion, the smallest amount in the last 40
years
Reagan raised the deficit 1.8 trillion
Bush Sr. raised our deficit 1.4 trillion
Clinton raised it another 1.4 trillion
Bush Jr. increased it almost 4.5 trillion
Obama increased it almost 4.5 trillion

I don't see how anyone can really pin this on a specific family or political
party.  I don't believe if Bob Dole were elected in 1996, Al Gore were elected
in 2000 and John McCain in 2008 that anything would be drastically different
(other than McCain and Gore never would've gone into Iraq, which would've saved
about a couple trillion, not to mention quite a few lives).

American business, government, and citizens will have to change as a whole to
turn this around.  Also, I don't think the Republican party is running a bunch
of 'jokes' with the intention to lose.  What we're seeing is literally the best
they've got, with the exception of perhaps one or two others who are popular.
The fact that you would accuse them of that implies that they are actually
thinking that deeply and that far ahead, which I personally doubt.

Personally, if I were a politician, I wouldn't want to be in office right now
at all.

seekliberation