I guess you had to be there. Hell was worse than the Inquisition. I have read
the major books on the Inquisition: there is a case to be made for this
institution—Not NOW of course: it would be perverse to believe that reality as
we find it could ever endorse something as violent and pitiless and fanatical
as the Inquisition. But if you read deeply into the subject you will come away
with a view that is distinctly at odds with poor Shadia, who is stimulated by
her certainty that God is a fiction. If this (Shadia's essay) was posted at FFL
by someone we know here, I would answer it. That is, if some regular poster had
written what you posted here from Shadia, yifu, I would subject you to one of
my posts. "In Defence of Thomas Aquinas's Relationship to The Inquisition". I
believe, then, that Shadia can be answered. Heck, I am even tempted to begin
that counter-post right now. But I won't. But in terms of the feel of reality
now, of course it would be laughable for anyone to defend the Inquisition. But
then? That is another matter altogether.