--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation"
<seekliberation@...> wrote:

> > They're [sic] people will want to be part of the rest of the
> > world and will eliminate the religious crazies that oppose
> > that themselves.
>
> It'll take decades, if not a couple of centuries of evolution
> for some of these countries to grow out of their fundamentalist
> views.  It took America quite some time to do the same, and I
> don't think we're entirely free from fundamentalist thinking
> yet either.

Case in point, Saudi Arabia. This puts a whole new spin on men angrily
shaking their fists and shouting "Women drivers!" Personally I think
that women should be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia only if their eyes
are deemed "tempting" (see last paragraph of the article) and they are
forced to cover them up. That would result in killing a lot of the men
who think like  this, so everything would work out. :-)
Allowing Women To Drive Would Mean No More Virgins, Saudi Arabia
Religious Council Says          Allowing women to drive in Saudi Arabia
would mean no more virgins  and an increase in homosexuality, according
to academics at Saudi  Arabia's highest religious council, Majlis
al-Ifta' al-A'ala, it has been reported in the Telegraph.
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/879314\
5/Saudi-woman-to-be-lashed-for-driving-car.html>
More pornography would be used if women were allowed on the roads and
rates of prostitution and divorce would alo rise, the report stated
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/879314\
5/Saudi-woman-to-be-lashed-for-driving-car.html> .

Produced in conjunction with Kamal Subhi, a former professor at the
King Fahd University, the study into repealing the ban predicted that
there would be no more virgins left in the Arab kingdom in 10 years.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world which bans women from
driving.

Professor Subhi described sitting in a coffee shop in an unnamed Arab
state
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8930168/Allowing-women-drivers\
-in-Saudi-Arabia-will-be-end-of-virginity.html>  where "all the
women were looking at me".

"One made a gesture that made it clear that she was available,"
he said. "This is what happens when women are allowed to drive."

The report was produced for the country's legislative assembly, the
Shura Council. However this institution has no power as Saudi Arabia is
ruled by a monarchy with absolute power.

The state's controversial ban on female drivers last came under
attack in September after Shaima Jastaniya was sentenced to 10 lashes
<http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-29/saudi-king-revokes-lashing-\
sentence-against-woman-for-driving> just  days after Saudi King Abdullah
granted women the right to vote. The  punishment was overturned after
international and domestic pressure.

Saudi Arabia is currently considering a law for women to cover up their
eyes if they are deemed too "tempting."
<http://www.ukbbcnews.com/saudi-women-must-cover-their-eyes-attractive.h\
tml>