--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Zarzari786, I have just come through a long and arduous interview probing
> process in re-applying for a dome badge.

Was it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOPXgBflM8I
(I heard this came out from this group, maybe even you? Very funny.)

> Much of the consideration was around this client-centered vs. membership-cult
> as you frame it.  It was very much around the difference between client
> practitioners and membership devotee types.

It doesn't mean that clients couldn't be devotees. This is one of the biggest
misunderstanings I think: devotion cannot be enforced. Devotion comes from the
soul, and there are no role models for it. There is nothing like being a good
boy, and then you are more devoted.

> That is a fair distinction within TM.  On the one hand we got some more
> progressive people who tend to be more over in the Hagelin camp who would
> like to see it work out for practitioners, while on the other hand are the
> more strict preservationists around Bevan.

Hagelin can easily represent the TM in a good way. I know quite a few people,
who have nothing to do with TM, but like the way Hagelin talks. Bevan sounds
like a cult leader. Nader is more or less not present.

>Some of these later conservatives are like the Taliban in that they are
>ruthless in their position.  The progressives are more sympathetic towards
>working it out for practitioner-clients.  Right now the Bevan-ista doctrinaire
>disciples have more power than the Hagelin-ites.
> -Buck

Interesting. I think in many movements, when the leader dies, there is a
tendency towards dogmatism, you can observe this everywhere. There is always a
group of people who want to freeze the old ideals, and take control over it.
Also, as you mentioned, you are not being told the reasons, or the way the
discussion went, and the people who make the decisions about you stay
anonymous, invisble to you. Something similar happens in other spritual
movements as well, and is a sign of becoming more of  a religious cult. Just
read what Raja Emmanuel said to Joerg, it is typical of the frozen dogmatism of
a cult. The TM can honestly only survive if the more liberal group wins, which
I doubt at this moment.