--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:
<snip>
> I found the thread for May 2010, by searching Rick's posts.
> I read a few of them just enough to know you even fooled Judy,
> which is really quite an accomplishment. The thread starts
> here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/247869

Excuse me, in what sense did Ravi "fool" me, raunchy?

He's acknowledged that he was *psychotic* during those
few days:

We were right to be concerned. He wasn't "crying wolf," he
was genuinely freaking out. But he did not, to the best of
my recollection, ever actually threaten suicide.

The worst of those posts are now gone from the archive,
by the way (both Yahoo's and the Mail Archive). Either Ravi
or one of the moderators deleted them at some point.

One of the reasons I'm pretty confident he didn't threaten
suicide was that I emailed Rick privately during that time
to express my concerns, and I called Rick's attention to
Ravi's having mentioned several times the possibility of
dying. *I* said I thought that might indicate he was
thinking of suicide, but it wasn't an explicit threat. He
was in such psychic turmoil it may well have seemed to him
that he was dying.

He wasn't trying to "fool" anybody that he was in a bad
way. He *was* in a bad way. Thank God he came through it.