--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:
[...]
> Excellent points and I agree on all counts.  I know that my response was
> coming from trying thru several posts over a long length of time - to get
> Buck to see that this is not a Raja problem, it is a policy that began with
> MMY.  You may have heard him budge on it, but I was in and around for a long
> time and he was always crystal clear about not going to see other saints, and
> it was open knowledge for all teachers.  You knew that if you did this and
> got seen, you could not attend courses or get advanced techniques or go to
> the Domes.  I don't agree with that, but my point is that it was clear.
>
> I especially like your point about having a guru disciple relationship - you
> nailed it. Without that relationship, these TMO rules seem really harsh and
> unreasonable. So we were asked to act as if we had this discipleship going
> on, but were not in much contact with MMY andc ertainly got no personal
> guidance.  Personally, I hope they change the rules, but I am annoyed by
> Buck's ongoing blame of the Rajas for this rule.

I don't see it as harsh, just strict. And in fact, the average non-believer
understands perfectly:

MMY believed that group meditation and Yogic Flying *as HE taught it, would
have a beneficial effect on the world. He wanted to ensure that everyone would
be doing the exact same techniques for maximum synergistic effect, and when
Robin Carlsen started to give people advice on how to "improve" their
practices, he and the MUM/MIU administration put their foot down: visit another
teacher, and get banned from group practice in the Domes at Fairfield.

As far as I know, this ban doesn't affect people living anywhere except in
Fairfield, and I assume, the other Really Big group flying places, like the
Brhamasthan in India.

When I explain the situation to people THAT way, they go,  "well duh."

They don't believe or agree or whatever, but see precisely why the rule exists
and is enforced so carefully. If you REALLY believe in that kind of thing, it
would be immoral NOT to have rules like that in place.

L.