Hey Curtis, better delete this post before Duveyoung comes
back with moral outrage and indignation.

From: curtisdeltablues <curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:41 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: SECOND Open [non-performance] Letter to Ravi
Chivukula

Much appreciation to Steve and Obbajeeba for getting the intent behind my post
and posting a defense for Robin's unflattering assumptions about me better than
I could.

I tried to write a post starting with defending the imaginative charge that I
nefariously waited until Ravi posted out before responding, as if finding time
to write here is all a calculated thing based on a fear of Ravi posting back.
But your combined kindness freed me from having to wade through another long
defensive post. I have whittled it down to this:

Addressing Robin directly, your unflattering characterization turned two guys
tweaking each other while having fun writing in the context of knowing each
other through posting here a long time, into some contrived big deal. My post
had none of the extreme harshness of your filtered interpretation. A clue to my
intent is that I copped to the exact behavior I was describing in Ravi. I spent
my whole 40s running this girls in their 20's dating older men program, and I
learned some things. So unlike his tweak to me, mine contained actual good
advice. obbajeeba hit the right note about my intentions. At Ravi's age I was
living with a 21 year old and at the end of an intoxicating year got my song
"the River of Missing You" out of it when it inevitably blew up. These
mismatched relationships come with a fuse. Once I learned that, I had a
fantastic decade in my 40's knowing what I was in for each time. But in the end
I realized that the cons of mismatched
 decades, with their built-in life agendas, was not worth the pros. Ravi will
learn his own way. But believe me, he will get schooled. These young chicks are
learning to become women, and older men are are cannon fodder in their growth.
They learn what they can and then move on, as well they should. This is often
before the man understands how caught in an impossible fantasy he is. If he is
lucky he gets a song out of it in the end. That is how I rolled. Now I am
sadder but wiser and date age appropriate. I've never been so happy in
relationship. It only took me a decade to figure it out!

Don't you trust Ravi to be outraged on his own behalf when he returns if he
chooses to take my post the unflattering way you did? Do you believe that being
outraged on his behalf ahead of time is making this a friendlier place where
people are understanding each other better?

I think you need to examine your own intentions in this Robin. I'm not buying
that it is any more friendly to Ravi than it is to me.