Darling Obbajeeba,

I can't get rid of the hate in my heart, so please bear with me while I attack
you without cause.

Did you watch Ellen Degeneres open that David Lynch Foundation event? And did
you read Bob Price's wife's post attempting to persuade Emily to start
Transcendental Meditation? And do you recall when TM for you was the best thing
going—before the 1980's, that is? (By the way, I am going to assume you are an
initiator; if you are not then some of my comments here are not, for you,
completely on the mark.)

No one could see anything about Ellen Degeneres (or for that matter in Martin
Scorsese's comments) or in 'Mrs. Price's' commentary which would imply any kind
of influence over their own individualism and originality. TM is the most
subtle and efficacious technique there is to produce a blissful experience, and
the most subtle kind of changes—almost immediately—in one's personal life. If
you listen to Ellen read what Mrs. Price says in her post, you realize that TM,
mechanically and efficaciously considered, beats any other spiritual technique
in existence—I would even say (from an Eastern point of view) ever. The fact
that in doing TM one does not change anything about oneself in terms of one's
own values, beliefs, or life style—and Ellen when she extolled the benefits of
TM was as convincing and persuasive as anyone could be—likewise when 'Mrs
Price' wrote her letter to Emily—is something without precedent. There is no
'technique' that I know of which is not wedded to some belief system in the
very practising of that technique. Not so TM.

Transcendental Meditation, therefore, in my opinion, obbajeeba, is sui generis,
intrinsically unique, like nothing else. Doing TM does not resemble doing
anything else. There is—this is my argument based upon empirical
evidence—absolutely no cross-pollination with any other technique or forms of
meditation. In fact, I contend that whatever alternative spiritual tradition a
former TMer turns to—especially a former initiator—he or she will approach, and
even practise—and evaluate—that new technique *entirely in terms of their
pervious experience of Transcendental Meditation*. TM is not just different,
obbajeeba; it is distinct and separate from everything else spiritually in
existence.

This is why Rick Archer always comes off—to me at least—as so much more
conversant with the religious forms of experience, with spiritual reality, with
how to understand states of consciousness than any of his guests (except for
the TM ones: like Phil Goldberg and Dana Sawyer). Despite turning from TM and
Maharishi, his nervous system has been schooled in the TM-Maharishi-Guru Dev
universe, and this shows through at every level of himself. Even as he now
professes to have a more authentic religious experience through his
relationship with Mata Amritanandamayi (Amma: the Hugging Saint) than he did
with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Every one of us keen initiators, throughout the early and mid seventies, would
have been nonplussed by any TM teacher trying to make the argument you make
here. It wouldn't make sense to us. We did not just abide by what Maharishi had
told us about guarding "the purity of The Teaching"; we felt it in our very
soul. It was so manifestly clear to us that TM was something absolutely
special, and could never be compared to anything that had been offered in our
lifetime [our present one :-)] We acted on behalf of this notion of "No Saints"
scrupulously, but not, as I say, out of deference to Maharishi; we could
intuitively, deeply, feel the necessity of this. After all, what Master had
produced the experience that "Mother is at Home"? What Master could allow us to
confirm for ourselves that we were getting "The Support of Nature"? What other
Master could deliver on his promise that once we became initiators, we could
give to some other human being, a perfect stranger, this ultimate transcendent
experience? The Checking Notes themselves—the Checking Procedure as memorized
and applied—are more dazzlingly and perfectly efficient than anything in
existence. And there is no Master in our lifetime who systematically made
teachers of this wisdom such that we could actually have the experience of
tuning into the Holy Tradition, to having the experiences that previously were
reserved for Hindus who sought silence in some Himalayan cave.

Lookee here, obbajeeba: TM, Maharishi, becoming a TM Teacher—all the advanced
techniques that followed (including of course the Two Week Extension and the
Sidhis)—entailed participating in a certain metaphysical context within
creation. And there is nothing nor ever will be anything just like TM and just
like Maharishi (seen through our golden glasses as devout initiators).

It is a very simple thing: the very moment Bevan relents on this policy, the
floodgates will open and TM will dilute in its potency, and there will be a
mystical mixture of substances which are not made to unite. If Bevan lifts the
No Saints ruling, thus going directly against his Master's wishes, he will
pollute everything, and TM will quite swiftly lose whatever status and efficacy
it has presently—and the whole project of Maharishi will not just flounder; it
will alter its nature, and it will attenuate into something almost
unrecognizable to what it has always been. No, Bevan is being true to
Maharishi, to Guru Dev, and to the actual mechanical nature of TM to stick to
his absolute fiat.

Now I would never think about doing TM again—and I have a pretty cynical view
of who Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is seen sub specie aeternitatis. But were I still
practicing and teaching TM—and remained as Bevan is, devoted utterly to
Maharishi—I would offer to debate this issue with anyone—even in a public
forum. Because it happens to be, if you accept what TM actually is [and watch
Ellen Degeneres and Martin Scorsese and read 'Mrs Price's' letter to Emily],
like nothing else. And either is any other Saint or Master of our time like
Maharishi. With all his faults and failings and worse, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi,
at his peak, was like no one who has ever been since Christ. No one on this
forum who was at the zenith of their enthusiasm for TM and devotion to
Maharishi would even be capable of questioning this judgment.

The problem comes in when one looks at the long-term effects of TM, and the
actions of Maharishi in private. Well, then, the argument could be made: why
not subject TM to the eclecticism of the New Age smorgasbord  and let it fend
for itself? This would be fatal. Maybe it is coming, but the first person of
final authority who bends this rule brings on the deluge. And the final
ignominious fate of TM and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

No, obbejeeba; it's either TM or bust. Bevan is acting —and Feste37 intuits
this—in accordance with what he believes and knows to be the very desire of
Guru Dev himself.

There will be plenty of arguments flying back against what I have said here;
but no one will seriously believe that he or she can change Bevan's mind about
this. Because if they could, it would mean that even Bevan has abandoned his
own beloved Master—and this would throw the whole Movement, Purusha, Mother
Divine, into permanent confusion.

I reject TM and Maharishi absolutely. But at the same time, if I am to believe
in my experiences under TM and Maharishi—including my enlightenment—then I must
firmly come out totally on the side of Bevan. All objections to this No Saint
policy are destined to be futile. Maharishi, in his own way, created something
miraculous—at the level of *experience* anyway. And his possession of
integrity—in some basic sense: even Judith Bourque gave him absolute credit
here—was undeniable. As I knew only too well by being in his physical presence.

The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream. The emperor was Maharishi; the
ice-cream was, and is, TM.

Robin

Exactly.
Listen to this scenario here: A poor student learning TM in their school through
the David Lynch Foundation, who may have parents or a Rich Aunt or Uncle, who
may meditate another practice. Then one day, the student as a student finds out
about these other techniques available and discusses them with the family
members. Then maybe the student goes and listens to chants and such, presented
differently by these other places of higher knowledge, that higher knowledge
being something the student had not heard of before. When the student decides to
that student be turned down the teachings?
Or, what if the student went from learning TM in the public school right to MUM
and learns the TM-Sidhi's, goes on a holiday break to see relatives, finds out
his relatives practice another technique or such, Saint searching the globe,
does this mean when the student returns to MUM, and speaks about his gathered
experiences, he/she may be turned down a dome badge?
These policies have to change if TM is going to expect to reach millions of
students elsewhere, because these are not far fetched scenarios. If anyone
thinks it is such a rarity, than one has lived a boxed sheltered life. Maybe
can't see past the foundations of tax deduction purposes. It is a truth. Buck is
correct. Buck is not a renegade.

Buck is calling Santa out. Santa finally notices, Rudolph's nose shines so
brightly, "Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3z1iOvXpeY

ALL AMERICAN CHILDREN WORSHIP A SAINT,whether they are Christian or not, because
he brings lot's of gifts.
These children would technically not qualify for a dome badge. Period. End of
story.
Saint Nicholas is my hero. I bow to St. Nicholas.
Can I please have my dome badge back?

This is my Christmas wish and don your St. Nicholas caps and occupy the domes,
cuz this Saint ain't going away, anytime soon.

Jai Guru Dev.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Yep, they could always just ask that people only practice TM in the domes and
go from there Otherwise they will always be excluding people who could be in
there helping with the dome numbers.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:

> > > And there is a belief/concern that people who are "sitting with the
saints" are learning new practices that they will bring with them and practice
in the Domes instead of the official TM and TM-Sidhis program.

> > > Do you understand that this is what the policy is meant to address?
> > >
> > > L.
> > >

> > Yep, the Raja guideline in response in application is way too rough on on
the numbers. You and the Rajas could also have more faith in people.