Weil did not limit her curiosity to Christianity. She was keenly interested in
other religious traditions—especially
the Greek and Egyptian mysteries, Hinduism (especially the Upanishadsand the
Bhagavad Gita), and Mahayana Buddhism. She believed that all these and other
traditions contained elements of genuine revelation.

One can never really give a proof of the reality of anything; reality is not
something open to proof, it is something established. It is established just
because proof is not enough. It is this characteristic of language, at once
indispensable and inadequate, which shows the reality of the external world.
Most people hardly ever realize this, because it is rare that the very same man
thinks and puts his thought into action ...
— Simone Weil , LP, p. 72–3\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Weil

No comment re: Vaj's "teacher", but this woman was quite extraordinary.

colliding with each other… Upon passing across this dike, therefore, a
blind man turns out not to be blind, a wounded man turns out not to be
wounded, and a sick man turns out not to be sick. Upon crossing this
dike, therefore, one even passes from night into day, for, indeed, this
world of Brahman is lit up once and for all."