--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> Maybe Vaj has been interested in posting on this TM oriented
> forum for years and years and years because he had personal
> experience as a teacher of TM and has since changed his
> perspective on its value like most of us here.
>
> And maybe Vaj's obvious intererest in Robin comes from his
> experiences with Robin in his previous role.  You know, the
> ones he has related here.
>
> I get it that the "Vaj never even did TM" team is not gunna
> budge."  It provides a complete ad hominem against anything
> he says as Nabbie repeated below.

Just springboarding off of your thoughts, Curtis, and
not in any way trying to get you involved, this last
is the real issue for me.

What IS it about diehard TMers when their "fallback
position," when they have been unable to get someone
to argue head-to-head with them so that they can "win"
or at the very least claim to, becomes trying to go
for the olde, tired ad hominem of "You can't trust
anything he says, because he's a liar."

They've run that on Vaj, on you, on me, and on any
number of people who criticize TM, Maharishi, or the
TMO on this forum. They would have you believe that
this is a coincidence, and that they work overtime
trying to similarly demonize other liars who *don't*
criticize TM, Maharishi, and the TMO, but I don't
think anyone believes them about this any more.

It's as if they still believe in the "Maharishi model"
of how to deal with criticism: "Find ways to put down
the critic and insinuate that he/she has evil motives
for saying what he does, or is lying, or is untrust-
worthy, or whatever, and enough of the already-drank-
the-Kool-Aid-brigade will believe it so that we can
continue doing business."

I kinda think it's lazy, and embarrassing. I'd like
to see some of these "Shoot the messenger" types deal
with the actual message. But that's not gonna happen.