--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
>
> R: Yes, my clean and bountiful heart, once it has committed itself to a
> certain person becomes an engine of righteousness and justice on behalf of
> that person. Now I have never loved before, but the way I love and respect
> Barry now, it means the opportunity for the entire universe to get behind
> this conversion of mine. And of course this must mean, it does mean, it will
> mean, vindication, Judy. I can only pray to God Almighty that you will be
> able to go through this purgatorial fire.
>
> J: "Barry is the martyr here."
>
> R: You have said it.
>
> J: No, *Judy* is the martyr here. But her blood, her
> sweat, her toil, her unswerving devotion to the cause,
> will not go unavenged. Enjoy your moment of triumph,
> for it will not, it cannot last.
>
> R: Oh, Judy, how I pity your cold and vengeful heart. Cease from this
> blackguarded and fanciful ambition. You are deluded here. Please, I beg of
> you, do not proceed with this dark passion, Judy. Anyone who reads what you
> have written here will know: this woman has become unhinged; she is a danger
> even to herself. Oh, poor Judy, how I wish you could know what I know. Don't
> you see? Barry—and his gang—were always right about you. For God's sake,
> Judy, *you are proving this by what you say here*. I am sorrowful unto death.
> I mean this, Judy.
>
> J: [quoting Robin]"Would you even just for the sake of how much I have
> defended you in the past, think about what I have said
> here?"
>
> J: Yes, I most certainly will think about it. And so will
> others, the Others for whom I've been tirelessly
> working, whose power is more vast than you dream. You
> may be certain they've taken note of your perfidy, and
> there will be, not a reconciliation, as you so fondly
> imagine, but a showdown and a reckoning. Your masters
> have overreached themselves and in so doing wrought
> their own destruction.
>
> R: Now you have gone too far, Judy. I command you: STOP ALL THIS. You are
> headed for perdition. You imagine your role in such grandiose terms, Judy.
> Who are these "Others"—and what power can they possible have over me—now that
> I live inside the grace of Barry? "More vast than you dream"—your imagination
> is running away with you here, Judy. I will stand and face this faceless
> multitude. And I will convince them of their own terrible misconception about
> you and about Barry. You see, Judy, I have been on both sides: devoted to
> you, now devoted to Barry. And I know the difference. These others who you
> think are faithful to you, they only need to hear the difference between my
> experience when I was under your thumb and now when I am under—thanks to Vaj
> for this—Barry's thumb. It really does remind me of that line in the Mass:
> "Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world". This is the Amsterdam
> experience, and the disciples of Barry have downplayed it almost deceivingly.

Susan:  The Amsterdam Experience.  Really funny, really good, Robin.  Frankly,
I vote this whole post (yes, I actually read it) the Funniest Post of the last
few years.  Congrats.

Robin:This whole passage, Judy, it is disconnected from reality. You cannot
tell me you know the future holds this kind of retribution. No. no, no, Judy:
don't you see? The retribution will fall upon *you* if you persist in your
ignorance of and prejudice towards Barry. I only hope that you are not taking
all this lightly, Judy, pretending even that Robin is being ironic. How
disastrous that would be, were you to read me in this way, Judy—and such an
interpretation of my actions here in writing to you would be possible only if
you are afraid of facing reality. Robin is being ironic. Don't you see how
convenient this is, Judy? No, Judy, you must give up all this hatred and
bigotry and embrace the truth. I have already told you what that truth is. Oh,
you just don't know what it is like to break away from this cabal of
conspiratorial distrust and paranoia. But I have said too much already. I shall
pray for you, Judy.