Let me get this straight: the Ramayana is a type of global metaphor for
physiological processes; all linked with approprite verses from the Vedas.
Only to portray one'self as an "expert", we delete the (a) on Veda and
Ramayana, getting "The Ved", and "The Ramayan".
Likewise, to be one of the "cccooolll", upscale TMO members, we delete
the middle i in Maharishi, getting "Maharshi".
But otoh, the real nerds like Charlie Lutes said "The Maharishi", so he was
doubly out of the picture.
Now I can quote it with the best of them: "The Ved, the Ved; the Ramayan".
Neat. Or, "Everything, Vedic. Everything Vedic, Everything Vedic" (to be
accompanied with the MMY Mudra - a movement with the riright hand mimicing the
shopping of vegetables, but without the vegetables.
"Portals to Inner Landscapes" by Martina Hoffman
http://fantasticvisions.net/files/2011/11/HOFFMAN_PSTR2.jpg