> > Vaj:
> > > Lobsang Rampa was a phony fiction writer. These
> > > are not instructions for heat yoga (caNDAlI-yoga).
> > >
> > Candali (kundalini) is a Sanskrit translation of a
> > Tibetan word - Tummo.
>
> Actually gtum mo is a Tibetan translation of the
> Sanskrit.

Tummo is a Tibetan word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo

> > But, in fact, 'Heat Yoga' was popularized by Bikram
> > Choudhury. Bikram Yoga's goal is to obtain general
> > health through hatha yoga poses and pranyama.
>
> Different type of "heat yoga" Willy.

Hatha Yoga with 'pranyama' is "heat yoga". All the
tantric hatha yogis practiced a form of pranyama and
meditation. That's what Hatha Yoga is - producing the
inner heat in order to burn off the accumulated karma.

> > Bikram Choudhury believes that the heated studio
> > helps with deeper stretching, while reducing stress
> > and tension. You can find the detailed instructions
> > in Bikram's 'Pranayama Series' of Hatha Yoga poses,
> > which are very similar to the instructions of T.
> > Lobsang Rampa! Go figure.
> >
> > However, the practice of Tibetan 'Tummo', is the
> > yoga of generating 'inner' heat. This practice has
> > been described in detail by W.Y. Evans-Wentz in his
> > book 'Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines'.
> >
> > Tummo is a siddha meditation technique, similar to
> > the practice of TM.
> >
> Were you ever instructed in TM?

Yes, I was taught how to meditate by the Maharishi
himself.

> I've been instructed in both TM and chandali-yoga
> and they're actually nothing alike.

It has not beem established that you know TM or any
other yoga practice. Who was your guru?

In fact, TM is Kundalini Yoga.

The pranyama exercises and meditation leading up to
'tummo' or the generating of the inner heat, are
described by Evans-Wentz in his book 'Tibet's Great
Yogi Milarepa'.

Other western witnesses of this practice include the
adventurer Alexandra David-NĂ©el and Lama Anagarika
Govinda, whom I cited in a previous post.

Several scientific studies have been conducted that
show the physiological effects of Tummo and it has
been shown that this practice is very similar to TM
practice - rounding with hatha yoga and deep
meditation utilizing bija mantras.

Read more:

'The Six Yogas of Naropa'
Tsongkhapa's Commentary
By Glenn H. Mullin (Translator)
Snow Lion, 2005

Work cited:

'Body temperature changes during the practice of
g Tum-mo yoga'
By Herbert Benson and Jeffrey Hopkins et al.
Nature Magazine, January 21, 1982. Nature 295.
Pages 234 - 236.