I found Hugo to be a wonderful film. I saw it in 3D - even some of the
historical footage was converted to 3D. The film seemed to have been recorded
in 3D. Many films are converted from 2D, and sometimes weird artifacts of the
conversion are apparent if not well done. I saw a trailer of Cameron's
conversion of 'Titanic' to 3D (he calls converted films 2.8D) and the
conversion looks really superb technically, very carefully done. My guess the
grounding of the cruise ship recently might spur more people to experience a 3D
rematch with 'Titanic'.